This blog will have to be quick since James's big qualifying exams start tomorrow (like 9am to 4pm or something tomorrow) so he needs some quality sleep. Praying for him nonstop! I'm used to being the one stressing about some marathon exam but it feels so tough to watch him worry and I can't help make the burden lighter for him. :( I also get to wake up early/go hang out at the DMV/MVA (MVA in Maryland) to get my new Lauren Pringle driver's license. I'm going right before it opens so hopefully I avoid the awful waits that DMVs all over are famous for.
We did take a few study breaks for his sanity this week...we finished moving most of our stuff (I have some piddly cleaning supplies and other little stragglers in my old apt). We started "Thailand Month" off with a bang at the neighborhood festival that happened to have yummy Pad Thai and Lemongrass Chicken amidst the live music and interesting arts and crafts. We also stopped by our new house - they started it this week with some footing! - and then went to my cousin Nichole's house for dinner. YUMMY. Note: James is hungry on fast sundays so I may need to pre-feed him if we go anywhere for dinner haha. Learned my lesson! We also worked out a couple of times. We're excited for the pool in our complex - we got our pool passes - but won't be able to use them until after our reception roadtrip when the pool opens on weekdays.
While James was studying, I did lots of the packing/unpacking/cleaning at new and old apts, got my new SS card (and almost panicked when there was a mail hiccup, but resolved it. Turns out you have to label your mailbox with your name here or they send your mail back to the sender. Never heard of this practice before. Mailbox now labeled)...anyway, said goodbye to friends leaving for residency, tried out the new waffle and ice cream machines from our wedding (yummy x both! can't wait to use again!), looked into financial stuff now that we're merging lifes/accounts/everything, worked my last 3 radiology assistant shifts and finished up with tutoring clients. Whew, kind of crazy!
Photos: bye to Molly, my good med school friend! Luckily she's going up to Boston and that is next on our travel to-do list (helps that it is one of the cheapest flights around)!
Enjoying his first taste of Thailand month on June 1! Can't wait to make some spicy peanut something-or-other, noodles, rice...nom nom!
Check it out! More than just a site sign! Foundation may be poured this week...exciting!
Up this week: qualifying exams til Thursday, and then we take off to rafting in W Virginia on our way to Iowa and then Michigan. Woot!



No comments:
Post a Comment