Lauren sends her best regards. She is on her second 16-hour shift in four days. Today she is working from 7 PM until 11 AM tomorrow. Lauren's work is going well. She has survived so far, and she has not unintentionally injured any of her patients. Today we made a loaf of homemade bread for some of her coworkers. As of late, we have experimented with how to put seed toppings on the top crust of the bread. We first sprinkled oats, flax seed, or wheat germ on top. But alas, the toppings would easily fall off. Today, we brushed some egg on the top, and our oats and flax seed toppings stayed on much better. See this online forum for some discussion of what one can do.
On the fourth of July, we had a church pancake breakfast. The young men and young women put it on and served everyone pancakes. Some other ward members played the guitar and banjo and other people sang. It was a good time. Later that day, we indulged ourselves and used one of our many giftcards to a restaurant. We went to Bonefish Grill in Annapolis. Lauren and I had two bowls of "bang bang shrimp," a popular dish there (and on the fourth of July, it was priced half off). I ordered salmon. It was good, but I think I can make a better salmon. Lauren, unfortunately, still does not like salmon. I'll work on that ;)
The evening was quite relaxing. We were still in Annapolis and we got to walk around downtown through a sea of people. We made our way to the draw bridge to watch the fireworks. Before the fireworks started, the bridge was raised to let boats through for about ten minutes. That was fun to see. Then soon enough, at 9:15 PM, the fireworks started. It was a good show. The fireworks were shot off of a boat in the middle of the harbor, and we could see them and their reflection on the water. It was very pretty.
On Saturday, Lauren and I went to the Washington D.C. temple to go to our friend Makena's personal endowment. She and her fiance, Geoff, are getting married next Saturday. We also gave them a present (that we wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper! It was all we had).
And here is some food for thought.
On the fourth of July, we had a church pancake breakfast. The young men and young women put it on and served everyone pancakes. Some other ward members played the guitar and banjo and other people sang. It was a good time. Later that day, we indulged ourselves and used one of our many giftcards to a restaurant. We went to Bonefish Grill in Annapolis. Lauren and I had two bowls of "bang bang shrimp," a popular dish there (and on the fourth of July, it was priced half off). I ordered salmon. It was good, but I think I can make a better salmon. Lauren, unfortunately, still does not like salmon. I'll work on that ;)
The evening was quite relaxing. We were still in Annapolis and we got to walk around downtown through a sea of people. We made our way to the draw bridge to watch the fireworks. Before the fireworks started, the bridge was raised to let boats through for about ten minutes. That was fun to see. Then soon enough, at 9:15 PM, the fireworks started. It was a good show. The fireworks were shot off of a boat in the middle of the harbor, and we could see them and their reflection on the water. It was very pretty.
On Saturday, Lauren and I went to the Washington D.C. temple to go to our friend Makena's personal endowment. She and her fiance, Geoff, are getting married next Saturday. We also gave them a present (that we wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper! It was all we had).
And here is some food for thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment