0

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Steak Conference

This week was stake conference.  James has been loving our barbecue (we inherited one from a friend who moved to Cali for residency) and decided that steak was a good thing to eat for stake conference weekend.  I'd have to agree!  James is a grill master and it was delicious!


Since we got behind on blogging again, I have to share this photo from a couple weeks ago.  Spaghetti squash!  I am tempted to write an "ode to the vegetable" but I will spare you that.  Suffice it to say, this squash rocks.  It tasted pretty much like real spaghetti, but packed with nutrients!  Everybody should go out and buy one, stat!


For Halloween this week, we got zero trick-or-treaters.  Shame - we now have to eat 115 mini packs of swedish fish and sour patch kids by ourselves.  I think parents were afraid of the construction zone...or something.  We didn't dress up either since I had to work all the nights.  We did play soccer the evening before and I got kicked in the face with the ball, so that was my costume.  At work, patients and colleagues asked if it was a birthmark or knuckleprints or a rash.  I am not good enough at a poker face for them to believe that "the other guy isn't even talking now...so this is nothing."  So, I told them all the boring truth.  It's practically healed already!



Today after conference, James and I got to "go be in nature" for an hour and enjoy the gorgeous leaves.  I think we missed the absolute peak and our hearts ache that we couldn't go camping in Shenandoah or anything (grrr night float schedule!) to see the leaves in all their glory.  Maybe next year.  Hopefully the weather stays nice enough for us to figure out a winter-ish (not temperature-wise, preferably) camping trip when my schedule is better.  I hate being cooped up in the hospital all night and sleeping through the gorgeous fall sunshine.  Luckily James now rides his bike to school and has an awesome route, so he's less nature-deprived than I (I can't wait to ride to work with him next year!  We'll be such an eco-friendly family! haha).  Oh - I did bring one little bit of nature inside - bought some live herb plants that are happily gracing our kitchen.  So excited for perpetual fresh basil, parsley, dill, and chives!





 James and his leaf accessory behind the ear, hehe.




Sorry about the brief post.  Also with our hectic schedule our house is still not camera worthy.  I will not make any promises but hopefully will post a video soon!

PS I got my report back that I passed my last set of boards!  Now I'm done with this set of licensing exams (the next set will be radiology exams in a few years)!

PPS James is the smartest and best husband.  He's working so hard in school, learning lots, making even more progress on his summer research, and always makes me happy/smile after a long shift.  love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment