0

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Mazel tov!

We had a really fun time at my friend Jason's wedding today. He is a med school classmate and is Jewish, so we loved learning about the badeken (when the groom veils the bride and checks to make sure she wasn't switched, like the story of Leah and Rachel), the chuppah, and dancing. James also wore a kippah/yarmulke the whole time, and it only slipped off once during all the jumping/dancing.  I got to catch up with med school friends now in other hospitals/states so it was super fun from that perspective too.


We had a great time with my family a week ago in Michigan. It was hard to come back to work!  We got to see Jacob (James met him for the first time), hear lots of stories, wakeboard in chilly water, have huge bonfires, freak out when we found a dying bat in the bathroom garbage can at the cottage (yes, random...and scary), eat yummy food, go to Mackinac, see the Woodward Cruise...lots of good times.

Back to work we go...James is still working hard at the NIH. He's loving his John Adams audiobook by McCullough. I did another week of pediatric radiology last week after coming home from Michigan. I will now do two weeks of ER/musculoskeletal radiology. I did my first full weekend-day shift. I only read X-rays, but I read 66 of them during the 12 hr shift and was able to stay pretty on top of it - I'm getting faster!  The attending radiologists who were checking me were elsewhere in the hospital and checked over my reports within a couple hours of me reading them. So, I was by myself but I survived. James was nice enough to drop off some dinner towards the end of my shift, which was quite nice. Two long shifts - 7:30am-8:30pm - this Monday and Tuesday, but otherwise not too bad. Way better than the internal medicine wards! I also get a 3-day weekend too!  Woooot!

Short post today, but I hope you are all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment