Merry Christmas from Baltimore and from the Pringle and Clough families! The Cloughs arrived on Sunday (Mom) and Monday (Dad and Ben). Dad and Ben brought the harp to Baltimore and brought another twin bed for our guest room. Mom, James, and I were able to go to a concert at the DC temple while waiting for the boys to arrive on Monday, which was a great way to start the Christmas week with a vocalist performance and pretty lights at the DC temple. Earlier that week, James and I did our usual weekly things (school/final projects for the semester for James, working in inpatient medicine for me). I had Saturday through this coming Friday off and then I work six days straight to cover for new years. We both sang in the ward choir and then subbed for primary again. Our actual primary calling starts in the new year.
Yesterday, James and Dad installed a closet in the garage that utilizes the space under our first flight of stairs. They were a great team and I love getting new storage space! We also dropped off my car at the shop (it had a problem with a pulley that caused it to have no power steering or engine cooling abilities). Then, we were able to take a short trip up to Longwood Gardens, one of my favorite places ever. It looked gorgeous for Christmas, but was a bit chilly!
Here we are, standing in front of a huge tree. Dad was a bit cold in this photo!
18,540 or so apples made up a beautiful floating pathway in the conservatory.
Love the hanging orchid arrangement above the apples!
Really cool orchids (I know, I'm obsessed).
Another gorgeous arrangement!
Exquisite holly and amarilis
Outdoor lights at the gardens
Ready for our Christmas feast! Yum! Fun to use new tablecloth, chairs, and some dishes I hadn't used after the wedding.
James vs James: chess face-off. James the younger won (but he's had quite a bit of practice in his younger competing years. James the elder put up a better fight than Ben or I could.
We're off to get some rest before a quick trip up to NYC tomorrow. We're excited to go to the 9-11 memorial and Matilda (broadway) tomorrow. Should be a great trip before we have to get back to real life on Saturday. Thank you to all for sharing in our wonderful Christmas season. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Yesterday, James and Dad installed a closet in the garage that utilizes the space under our first flight of stairs. They were a great team and I love getting new storage space! We also dropped off my car at the shop (it had a problem with a pulley that caused it to have no power steering or engine cooling abilities). Then, we were able to take a short trip up to Longwood Gardens, one of my favorite places ever. It looked gorgeous for Christmas, but was a bit chilly!
Here we are, standing in front of a huge tree. Dad was a bit cold in this photo!
18,540 or so apples made up a beautiful floating pathway in the conservatory.
Love the hanging orchid arrangement above the apples!
Really cool orchids (I know, I'm obsessed).
Another gorgeous arrangement!
Exquisite holly and amarilis
Outdoor lights at the gardens
Ready for our Christmas feast! Yum! Fun to use new tablecloth, chairs, and some dishes I hadn't used after the wedding.
James vs James: chess face-off. James the younger won (but he's had quite a bit of practice in his younger competing years. James the elder put up a better fight than Ben or I could.
We're off to get some rest before a quick trip up to NYC tomorrow. We're excited to go to the 9-11 memorial and Matilda (broadway) tomorrow. Should be a great trip before we have to get back to real life on Saturday. Thank you to all for sharing in our wonderful Christmas season. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
1 comment:
This post makes me so happy! The boys and I are reading Matilda right now so the play sounds super fun. Stay warm and enjoy the fam.
Post a Comment