Life has been busy in the Pringle household! This will be a short post, but hopefully helpful in updating things.
-Spring is here! Today was 80ish degrees, which felt so nice but a little early to be that hot. Friday and Saturday were blissful spring days.
-Planting time is here! I have been growing seedlings in my little eggshell gardens and they're doing pretty well. I'm "hardening them off" to prep them for the elements when they get booted outside permanently. We shall see how our container garden grows/goes.
-I'm on my outpatient surgery block and am really enjoy the relaxed schedule. Some days I get out at 6pm but most days are between 12 and 3pm. No weekends. Bliss!
-James is doing very well in school and enjoying it, so that's good.
-We are still trying to be good citizens and are enjoying being involved in church and in the community (with the bar protesting, but also in promoting healthy neighborhood practices, a community cleanup I organized for 2 weeks from now, etc) which takes much of our spare time.
-Still finding time to be social, too! Last weekend was fun as we had 2 sets of visitors in one weekend (though they didn't overlap). We had a future radiology co-resident and his wife stay with us while househunting, and then our buddy Lauren Danis came for an evening before she moved up to New Haven (too far away for my liking!). Fun! Then, this weekend we played paintball for a ward friend's bday (I have like 5 inch diameter bruises now haha), then went to a sushi restaurant with a med school friend - Jason (and I tried tempura yam sushi - I survived, but am still terrified/grossed out by fishy sushi), and then had dinner at cousin Nichole's/Zane's (yum YUM!) today. Good times!
No photos because we have been bad about taking pics, and the ones I took are on my phone which just ran out of battery and won't turn on just yet, so I will try to remember to post them next time!
Happy Easter next week!
-Spring is here! Today was 80ish degrees, which felt so nice but a little early to be that hot. Friday and Saturday were blissful spring days.
-Planting time is here! I have been growing seedlings in my little eggshell gardens and they're doing pretty well. I'm "hardening them off" to prep them for the elements when they get booted outside permanently. We shall see how our container garden grows/goes.
-I'm on my outpatient surgery block and am really enjoy the relaxed schedule. Some days I get out at 6pm but most days are between 12 and 3pm. No weekends. Bliss!
-James is doing very well in school and enjoying it, so that's good.
-We are still trying to be good citizens and are enjoying being involved in church and in the community (with the bar protesting, but also in promoting healthy neighborhood practices, a community cleanup I organized for 2 weeks from now, etc) which takes much of our spare time.
-Still finding time to be social, too! Last weekend was fun as we had 2 sets of visitors in one weekend (though they didn't overlap). We had a future radiology co-resident and his wife stay with us while househunting, and then our buddy Lauren Danis came for an evening before she moved up to New Haven (too far away for my liking!). Fun! Then, this weekend we played paintball for a ward friend's bday (I have like 5 inch diameter bruises now haha), then went to a sushi restaurant with a med school friend - Jason (and I tried tempura yam sushi - I survived, but am still terrified/grossed out by fishy sushi), and then had dinner at cousin Nichole's/Zane's (yum YUM!) today. Good times!
No photos because we have been bad about taking pics, and the ones I took are on my phone which just ran out of battery and won't turn on just yet, so I will try to remember to post them next time!
Happy Easter next week!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update which I always look for and enjoy. Be sure to keep your eyes on Southwest for thanksgiving week. Let me know if you see it come up with good prices. Sounds like life is good and I am happy to know that. Love from ggh
Post a Comment