0

Sunday, October 5, 2014

GC = always a great weekend!

This was a good week/weekend!  James finished his summer internship at the NIH (bittersweet), and the best part of that is the End of The Daily LONG Commute. I finished peds radiology, which I've done a lot of this year so far and it was a bit stressful this week, and I'm switching to a month of nuclear medicine at Bayview so a nice change, and I get to walk to work! We both got a cold (James got it first and gave it to me) but are on the upswing. General Conference was great. We got to head out for a morning of climbing with one of my coworkers and her husband, which was super fun and calmed my worked-out soul (I need outdoorsy on a regular basis). We were all a bit rusty at climbing, especially me, but were thrilled with our newly discovered park filled with awesome climbing, and only 40ish min away! We shall be climbing again soon! Then, also awesome - my college friend Erin, and her husband Andy, were here on their way to an interview for PA school for her (they live in Texas, so a treat for sure!), so we got to catch up. Plus, Nichole and Zane came up for conference today, too. AND we ate deeelicious grilled cheese. The winner for our now-fully-traditional GC^2 (grilled cheese and general conference) happens to be a favorite recipe of Oprah: http://www.ohsweetbasil.com/2009/04/oprahs-favorite-grilled-cheese.html

Pretty much, a great weekend.

This is me, struggling:


And this is James and our friends!


1 comment:

Gerry Hanni said...

Thanks, Lauren, for the update. I enjoy knowing what you both are doing. Saw Abby, Matt, Jacob, Ben, and Tanner today. They ate lunch here and then went to afternoon session....cute people. It was fun to see them. Bye from Gmg

Post a Comment