0

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pupusa fan

We did one of our monthly community cleanups this past Saturday, and lucky James...the cleanup preceded the school's international festival and he got to have a few pupusas, one of his favorite foods ever. You can see his pupusa-glee in his smile here.


When we first moved into our house, there was a pupusa food truck that always parked illegally during rush hour on a main street nearby, and he loved buying pupusas there. Before I had a chance to try one, apparently The Pupusa Lady got in trouble, because her daily presence has been nonexistent for months; no sign of her. Anyway, I finally got to try them on Saturday. They were fine. But to James - heaven. Haha.

In other news, I had another rockin' week of nuclear medicine at Bayview, and now I only have one left. It's been great. I think I could do nuclear medicine, which would be a 1 year fellowship. But, there are many other things to try. We shall see.

We also both went to tour this huge semi-abandoned warehouse that borders our housing development.  It is called the Crown Cork & Seal industrial park, and it spans multiple acres.  It stopped producing bottle caps and such decades ago, and now stands mostly empty. Sometimes we hear eery music drifting over from it in the evening. There are trees growing out of the some of the windows...anyway, very mysterious. So on Saturday, lots of old buildings opened their doors to the public for the first time in a new (hopefully, annual) event around the city. This warehouse was one of them. We both went on tours (separately, as someone had to stay home for pumpkin muffin oven duty) and it was cool/creepy. The warehouse just kept going. It was split into multiple floors, and each floor had many cordoned off areas that were available to rent. There were some shops, for artists/machinists/furniture makers, and who knows what. It resembled some of the creepy buildings from TV shows like CSI or Law & Order: SVU. I kind of got lost a couple of times while wandering, which was a bit frightening.  Anyway, some photos below...I plan on spiffing them up and I think they could make a cool collage.















After that, we went to a radiology residents BBQ, which was a lot of fun. Overall, a beautiful fall weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment