0

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Someday...

...we will blog regularly again. This is the longest blog break since I started med school I think. 

We had a great family cruise in Mexico with my mom's side of the family - so fun. 

James finished his masters in biostatistics (he switched out of his PhD program, which has definitely been the right path for him) and got a job at the School of Public Health doing mobile app programing for a (Bill) Gates Foundation project; computer programming is much more of his thing than statistics. He really likes this new job, his coworkers, and not having schoolwork to do!  He couldn't stay all the way away from classes, though, so enrolled in guitar lessons, which has been fun.

We had a great 4 days in Iowa then 4 days in Michigan for Christmas. 

We adopted a great dog, Stella, from a rescue based out of Kentucky in early January. They bring dogs and cats from a high-kill shelter to Maryland and we've been having a blast with her (see Instagram and/or Facebook pictures). 

We have gotten back into cooking and celebrated Indonesian cuisine in January, and started up with Japanese cuisine this month. Fun and delicious times so far!

We are grateful for warmer weather than Michigan and the northeast, but are jealous of the balmy 70 degree weather in Utah.

We are still staying busy with our community work and Lauren spent the weekend on a grant application to get funds to beautify and clean up our neighborhood. Crossing fingers it gets funded! Whew!

My residency work continues, and I think I can say for sure that interventional radiology is not for me (current, and very busy, rotation). I am excited to go to a radiology lobby day with fellow residents and other radiologists in Maryland this Thursday in Annapolis.

And...that is all we have time for. Have a good week, all!

2 comments:

eliana23 said...

I miss you when you don't blog. Even James. You sound good and busy, what a surprise.
Be well.

Gerry Hanni said...

What kind of radiology do you want? I didn't realize there were several types. Who does this fun cooking?You keep busy and all of it sounds interesting. Gerry Hanni

Post a Comment